Sunday, September 29, 2013

Why are we afraid of what we haven't experienced?

You're not afraid of god you're afraid of religion

You're not afraid of love you're afraid of desperation

You're not afraid of death you're afraid of life

You're not afraid of falling you're afraid of sinking

You're not afraid of being yourself you're afraid of judgment

You're not afraid to rebel you're afraid of consequences

You're not afraid of failing you're afraid of starting over

Fear drives the car into the wall. Fear collides your life and end together.

So I sit here and continue to fear my fears because once one has a fear you can't just fear that fear away it stays in your mind and contains your thoughts. It's not easy to clear your mind believe me I would've already cleaned my slate a billion times if I could.

I don't say this to erase your soul from hope.

But, sinking doesn't always float my boat.

So, do we even know what our fears truly are?

I've never sunk, died, been consumed by a spider etc. Yet we are afraid of those things. How?

Fears shouldn't exist because what if dying is peaceful? What if its actually enjoyable? It might actually be. Finally starting a new chapter of our lives and not just enduring this hell we call earth.

Fears doesn't exist its just our imaginations running wildly into the ground. Running to the song of doubt and pessimisticness. 


4 comments:

  1. Whoa, whoa, whoa.

    A couple of these have blown my mind a little.

    "You're not afraid of falling you're afraid of sinking"

    "You're not afraid of failing you're afraid of starting over"

    You did a good job of not being super obvious, yet still making sense.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Fear drives the car into the wall." #stolen

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love your writing! Your great! I'm always excited to read what you write next.

    ReplyDelete